At the League of Women Voters, our work does not end after Election Day.
Here are five things you can do today to influence the future of our democracy. Let’s get to work!
- Sign up to receive our emails: You will receive information about taking action locally and nationally, and nonpartisan educational materials designed to increase public participation and civic engagement.
- Join the League of Women Voters of New Jersey because:
- You want to be politically informed. League members study, discuss, and debate policy issues and legislation that directly affects their communities.
- You want to help others become informed and active. League members provide New Jersey voters with the information they need to get to the polls and make informed decisions on election days.
- You think government needs a watchdog. Together we can improve transparency and prevent corruption.
- You want to shape policy. Our nonpartisan grassroots membership works to influence public policy at all levels of government.
- You want to lead. Through a variety of leadership workshops and other opportunities, the League gives you the tools to become an effective leader and community organizer.
- Influence Public Policy: The League will be here protecting voting rights and civil liberties, fighting for women’s rights, protecting our environment, demanding an open and accessible government, ensuring that all of our voices are heard and that your representatives represent YOU. Our six statewide policy committees work on public policy and are looking for new members. If interested in learning more about joining a committee listed below, email email@example.com.
- Natural Resources
- Women and Family Issues
- Government/Voting Rights
- Fiscal Policy
- Get Out the Vote: 2017 is an important election year in New Jersey and we need help improving New Jersey’s dismal voter turnout. We are looking for people interested in becoming League moderators, planning voter registration drives, creating nonpartisan material, and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in doing nonpartisan voter engagement work!
- Give a Gift. The League of Women Voters relies on donations to carry out this work. Gifts to LWVNJ support our advocacy work and are non-tax deductible. Gifts to LWVNJ-EF support our voter service work and are tax deductible. You can donate online to LWVNJ or LWVNJ-EF or you can mail a check to 204 West State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608. Thank you!